Welcome to Visual Plus software archive.
Stay up to date with VisualPlus Software
Release notification service.
Please visit this page to sign up to
be notified whenever a new version of VisualPlus 3 software becomes
available for download.
If you have Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7 you only
need to download and run VisualPlus 184.108.40.206.msi file. Otherwise,
download the zipped setup file, extract all files into a directory on
your hard drive and run setup.exe.
Attention USB to Serial Adapter Users!!!
Please note that if you are using a USB-Serial adapter we only recommend
and support SIIG USB-Serial adapter, part number JU-CB1S12-S3. There
are other brands that may work but this is the only adapter that has
been extensively tested. There are some adapters that WILL NOT WORK for
sure: Radioshack USB-Serial adapter and IOGear USB-Serial adapter.
Attention Windows 98 First Edition Users!!!
You may need to download and install the latest Microsoft Data Access
Components. Please download, unzip and install MDAC_TYP.ZIP file if you are
getting database related errors when running Visual Plus 3.
Attention VisualDepth Users!!!
If you did not receive a CD with your VisualDepth system you
can make your own by burning the .iso file below onto a
blank CD. If you do not have software or don't know how to
create a CD from an .iso disk image file please
see this page for
more information. This is only necessary on the first
installation to ease video capture and serial adapter driver
installation. For subsequent updates you only need .msi
installation file from the table below.
- Added capability to delete/un-delete inspection records in the Inspection List window.
- Added capability to edit existing customer name in Edit->Customers window.
- Added note on the print out when printing calibration data instead of inspection data.
- Fixed problem restoring database on Vista/Windows 7 computers.
- Added capability to capture images of pits with VisualDepth Internal probe.
- Added a graph tab 'Images' to show images taken with VisualDepth.
- Added printing of images taken with VisualDepth
- Added links to support and program update pages on Visual Plus website from the Help menu.
- Added selection of units (inch or mm) for VisualDepth.
- Moved VisualDepth COM port to a separate tab in File->Preferences.
- Added Find button to VisualDepth COM port selection page.
- Fixed issue with incorrect video source selection in VisualDepth internal probe dialog. The software will now look for VC600 Device which is supplied with VisualDepth system.
- The eddy current inspection page will not be printed if there is no eddy current data but the PSI form is filled out.
- Added calibration standard drawings to VisualPlus help file and user manual.
- Restored 6061/6351 questionable feature/crack detection parameters to v220.127.116.11 values.
- Added customer tracking number to the main screen.
- Modified month/year entry fields on the main screen to allow TAB or / to be used to jump between fields in a consistent manner. Previously for second and all following inspections the cursor would jump to year instead of the month for date entry fields when using TAB.
- Added Data/Database backup/restore functionality.
- Added ability to set reminders to perform data backup at user selected interval.
- Added ability to determine correct alloy type for Luxfer cylinders made between 1987 and 1988.
- Fixed overlap of regulatory agency field on top of serial number in VIP form.
- Added regulatory agency drop down to the VIP general page.
- Added VisualDepth firmware programming capability, modified VisualPlus programming to avoid overwriting VisualDepth
firmware if COM port is not configured correctly.
- Added indication of probe position sensor type below the main graph screen (MAG/PD).
- Pressing F5 to start entering new cylinder information will focus on the Customer field.
- Added 'CIG Gas Cylinders' to the list of manufacturers with 6351 to 6061 transition date of 1/1991.
- Fixed intermittent bug where attempting to print would crash VisualPlus.
- When performing inspection it is now possible to re-record data if probe or cylinder thread needs to be cleaned without re-entering all the information. Pressing F6
will clear existing data and start recording. This does not apply to files that were loaded from disk or database. Changes to existing files are still not allowed.
- Adjusted allowable range for vertica/universal orientation probes during calibration.
- Added Valve Tracking No, REE, and REE Source to the barcode label printed in MJW hydro module
- Added Market to MJW hydro module and removed restriction of using eddy current testing for cylinder other than SCUBA, SCBA, and Oxygen
- Added a shortcut to activate VisualPlus firmware re-flashing: Shift-Alt-Ctrl-U
- Added REE Source field to selection box values editor.
- Added REE, REE Source, and Valve Tracking No. fields to MJW Data entry form.
- Added option to set the number of barcode labels printed for each cylinder in MJW data entry module
- Updated crack detection algorithm to print a notice that a questionable feature was detected when detecting a sequence of two indications in 6061 tanks. The tank has to be visually inspected and passed/failed based on visual inspection results. A particular attention should be paid to the regions where questionable features might have been found. The 6061 tanks will not be automatically failed.
- Fixed problem with VisualPlus crashing on startup in Windows 98/ME.
- Removed Hydro view from being visible if there is no hydro data acqusition license. This caused crashes on Win98/ME computers.
- Updated user manual/online help to reflect that only Windows XP or higher is supported for Hydro Data Acquisition license.
- Modified hydro module to display two decimal places for expansion numbers. This is needed to accomodate small bottles.
- Fixed Filter string display in inspection form from showing both hydro and normal inspection statements when in normal inspection list.
- Fixed PSI General page working pressure units field so that it does not get overriden by the default field value.
- Fixed PSI report working pressure field bug where the working pressure did not have units with it.
- Completed user manual sections on using inspection report.
- Setup capability to filter on inspections that had eddy current inspeciton done to simplify billing for eddy curren test.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS FEATURE WILL WORK CORRECTLY FOR ENTRIES CREATED WITH THIS VERSION OF SOFTWARE OR LATER. Using this
feature on entries created with previous versions will produce unreliable results.
- Re-enabled comment field in Date Entry with Visual Inspection and Visual Inspection hydro boxes for passing result.
- Fixed an issue in MJW where if a tank is entered with wrong info (customer name) and it is re-entered, when it gets to visual
inspection it pulls up the incorrectly entered information.
- Fixed problem where in MJW setup the results for jackets come up in random order.
- Modified DOT Spec./Exempt to Specification and Agency to Regulatory Agency throughout the program to maintain more consistent terminology.
- Modified wording on the PSI Condition page to show both the PSI and hydro terminology Acceptable (Pass), Marginal (Rejected), and Unacceptable (Condemned)
- Modifications for pre-production VisualDepth firmware
- Modified hydro multiple jacket/workstation module to only requre eddy current testing of 6351 alloy cylinder with 3AL specification
- Added capability to specify different target pressure calculation for each special permit/specification
- Modified multiple/jacket workstation to utilize the pressure gauge units from the Preferences->Hydro page.
- Modified code for MJW to use defaults for test duration and % perm rejection
- Added a checkbox to lock contents of all fields besides Serial #, Mfg Date, Mfg on the multiple jacket/workstation data entry page.
- On Visual or Data and Visual hydro station dialog boxes if result of visual inspection is Pass the Comments field is disabled.
- The hydro test report will now load columns and column widths from Hydro Test Report.vrp file in application folder.
- Updated hydro module sections in user manual and online help.
- Fixed a bug in Preferences->Hydro page that caused a crash when adding a hydro license,
- Disabled irrelevant controls on Preferences->Hydro page if acqusition hydro license is not present
- Fixed typo on PSI form hydro section (Permanent was misspelled)
- Added capability to enter default values for Reject Percent Permanent Expansion and Test Duration in Hydro
- Fixed Specified (Target) Pressure calculations for Canada (5/3 pre 1993, 3/2 1993 and later cylinders)
- Added RPM gauge to the record calibration step of calibration wizard
- Added support for MPS (Magnetic Position Sensor) probes to support probes that work in all orientations
- Fixed problem with the shop info overwriting the header in the Inspection List printout
- View improvements: reduced font size for cal/inspection date text, altered names to calibration/inspection only,
radial/threads graph - added position marks around the circle.
- Fixed bug in individual threads graph if there are more than 12 threads they are not shown.
- Switch to next view will now cycle through Hydro view also if that module is activated.
- Added capability to issue evaluation hydro licenses that expire on a certain date
- Added capability to issue hydro licenses for different number of jackets
- Added capability to specify default units for the hydro page of psi form
- Added capability to specify default units for the working pressure on the general page of the psi form
- Added capability to specify what countries regulations should apply to hydro module
1) For US the Reject % Permanent Expansion is set to 10%, for Canada it's 5%
2) For US the Specified Pressure is set to 5/3 of working pressure, for Canada it's 3/2
- Fixed VP3 Unit On Time display in inspection list, it was previously showing time from power on to calibration. It
is now showing the time between power on and the actual inspection.
- Inspection list printout now defaults to landscape format
- Added capability to search by customer tracking number in the inspection list
- Setting a password for protecting inspector/shop records now also changes inspected by combo boxes from drop down to drop down list so that only inspectors
that have been added through the inspector editor can be selected.
- Default inspection to date is now today's date instead of the 1st of the current month on the Inspection Query dialog box.
- Switched all boxes on Multiple Jacket/Workstation module to be drop list so that values can only be selected from a list and not typed in by the user. The values
should be set through Inspector, Customer, and Selection Box Values editors.
- Fixed bug where a 6351 cylinder could not pass data entry only hydro station.
- Added merge db items functionality - customer and inspector entries can now be merged together if various spelling has been used in the past.
- Added capability to disable the REE row in the Hydro Testing dialog box for facilities that never process cylinders that require that field.
- Fixed a bug where the data entry person's name would appear on the test log instead of the visual inspection person if a cylinder is condemned or rejected at visual.
- Fixed PSI form hydro section to print Plus/Star markings instead of the old Code field.
- Fixed buffer overrrun bug in printing
- Added Hy-Mark to a list of manufacturers.
- Updated crack detection
criteria for 6061 alloy to more than 1 thread long
calibration algorithm to make frequency calibration more precise
fix for incorrect crack positions centered around 0/360 degree mark
Added capability to perform eddy current inspection in the data
entry/visual or visual only hydro dialog boxes
- Added a check to see
if multiple jacket/workstation license is installed and the store in
database option is not set.
- Fixed problem with inspection date not
showing up correctly for files with only calibration data.
export feature to the Inspection List and Hydro Test Report (export to
MS Excel and CSV text file)
- Column widths in the Inspection List and
Hydro Test Report are now saved in report files and registry, the
columns will be reset to column widths stored in report files on opening
Changed default starting view to Multi-row Linear since most customers
use this view during printing
- Set the minimum calibration peak height
to 100 units, this is to catch problems with improper calibration
procedure, particularly starting calibration on the calibration crack
indicator line or flush with the end of the calibration standard.
Successful calibration confirmation dialog box now appears at the end of
calibration if everything went ok
- Added 'Search in database' and
'Open from database/inspection list' icons to the main tool bar
check to make sure that manufacturer and serial number fields are no
longer than 25 characters, this was causing 'string data truncated'
error message if either of those two fields was more than 25 characters
Added hydro trace data display
- Unnecessary Hydro menu options are now
disabled for manual hydro license
- Fixed bug that caused records with
customer names added through the PSI form to not show up in the
- Fixed bug in Selection (drop-down) box values editor
that caused a crash when deleting multiple items.
- Added display of
peak heights in percent of calibration standard on the graph and
- Modified Luxfer 6061-6351 cutoff date from 8/89
to 2/89 based on Luxfer techinical bulletein.
- Added #6 probe
- Added capability to enter hydro calibration data into
database so that it shows up on the hydro report
with test results
- Modified manual hydro module to output A, B, C,
type test codes.
- Modified manual hydro module to allow 'Equipment
Failure' entry to be made.
- Fix inspector selection bug on PSI form
Condition page where if the inspector has not been
previously specified this action caused all other fields to be erased.
In manual hydro module if the Cylinder Condition if anything other than
Acceptable the test result
code is automatically set 'D - Fail, Visible Defects'.
- Reject % permanent in the file is now set as it is in the database
Added Extended Permanent Expansion Measurement mode.
- If test is
aborted < 90% of test pressure it is not counted as a test and can be
retested immediately after fixing the problem.
- Added ability to
override test result code to 'E - Equipment failure'
- If a tank was
previously failed for equipment failure, the previous inspection date is
copied into remarks.
- If all jackets fail to stabilize 15sec after
reaching target pressure then test is failed instead of advancing to
total exp measurement stage.
- Fixed problem with Edit->Inspectors
dialog not working.
- Added Agency (DOT, TC) field to the PSI general
page (needed for Hydro)
- Added Size (Dia. x Lngt.) field to the PSI
general page (needed for Hydro)
- Added Customer Tracking Number to PSI
general page (for keeping track of customer numbers such as PO,
inventory, etc.). The field is available as C. Tracking No field in the
inspection list/hydro report.
- Plus and Star fields are now broken up
into two separate field with Yes/No selection for each.
- Plus and Star
fields are now available on the inspection list/hydro report as H. Star
and H. Plus columns
- Added warning at Hydro Visual inspection stage to
eddy current the cylinder if it's made of 6351 alloy.
- Inspection list
now shows the new hydro disposition codes (A, B, C, etc. instead of PA,
- Hydro report column headings are multiple rows to save on
horizontal space, hydro specific columns
are now assigned easier to read names.
- Serial numbers are now made
uppercase even if typed in as lower case in Hydro data entry dialog
The jacket number is now added to the remarks field automatically
tank is rejected it can now go right back to visual inspection station
for re-inspection, a separate
record is created to document the re-inspection.
- Modified query dialog box to allow search by Hydro Inspection dates,
Hydro Tested By, and by Hydro result.
- Added 'Today Only', 'Yesterday
Only', 'Last Week', 'Last Month', 'Last Year', and 'All' quick
selection to the Inspection List/Hydro Test Report
- Fixed bug where
clicking Cancel in the Query dialog box of Inspection List would clear
all data from the grid.
- Test data trace is stored in the binary file
Fixed problem with ' characters in customer/inspector/shop names.
Implement automatic reading of Hydro equipment information
service size and agency to selection box values editor for hydro
- Support for depth measurement system (product in development)
- Added automated com port search function
- Added Hydro page to PSI form - need to purchase license to use hydro module
- Added Scott as manufacturer, added appropriate 6061/6351 cutoff dates
- Added capability to change printout font size
- Fixed issue with incorrect font name used in printing.
- Added DOT Spec/Exempt. field to PSI form printout.
- Added capability to change printout line thickness
- If customer name changes in PSI/VIP forms then address, city, state, phone ,etc. fields are immediately cleared
- Fixed problem with inspection date not being stored in the .vis files.
- If 'Store files for each customer in a separate directory' option is enabled then customer directory will be recreated before saving if it was deleted or changed.
- Fixed issue with records not showing up in Inspection List if Hydro page was not activated. The records that were saved with this issue are automatically fixed on startup.
- Fixed issue with Address2 field of Shop Info printing on top of City on the PSI form with Shop Info printing enabled.
- Added printing option to allow printing Province/Postal Code instead of State/Zip
- Added code to create a hidden 'None' inspector record that is used for records without Hydro results.
- Fixed issue with inspection records not appearing if inspector record with ID of 1 does not exist.
- Inspectors and Customers are now sorted by Name in Edit->Customers and Edit->Inspectors
- Fixed bug in Inspection List, if only a few records were shown and user clicked on Query the program crashed.
- Fixed crash in Inspectors editor.
- Updated customer editor with Certification and email fields
- The Last VisualPlus inspection date now defaults to 1/1970 and enabled by default. This field can also be disabled if no last VisualPlus date is available.
- All date fields can now support dates before 1970 (needed for steel tanks)
- The manufacturing date, last hydro, and last VP dates will only show month/year on the printed form.
- The Probe Type field in the inspection report now shows 'text' values for probe type such as 'SCBA #4, etc.'
- Fixed bug that would show an 'Unable to insert NULL value into Name field' in PSI/VIP forms if no customer name is entered.
- Modified preferences dialog into a property sheet to better manage growing number of preferences
- Added option to disable background printing for the section titles in the PSI form
- Added option to print Shop Info at the top of the PSI form
- Fixed inconsistency where DOT RIN number was assigned to each inspector instead of each facility. The RIN number has to be re-entered into the Shop Info dialog box. A warning has been added to warn the user during database schema update.
- Major optimization of database code, significant reduction in access times in 'Open From Database', 'PSI/VIP forms', etc. If accessing central database over internet this upgrade is a must.
- Shop information is now printed on top of inspections report - 'Open From Database' function, including RIN number
- Page # of the inspection report is now printed in the footer
- Scale from 50% to 200% can now be set for printing of inspection report to fit more columns per page.
- A confirmation dialog box/sound is shown after saving a file to database to confirm that it was saved.
- Fixed typo in Manufacturer name for Dacor
- Added capability to set field values for drop down boxes in PSI/VIP forms for Manufacturer, Market, Material, Volume, Color, Working Pressure, Valve, and Gas. This also applies to the Manufacturer box on the main screen. To set, select Edit->Selection Box Values.
- Added reminder to pass or fail the inspection before saving it.
- Added customer phone number, email, address (and all other information) as available columns for Inspection List report
- Added Shop Code as available column in Inspection List report
- Updated wording on VIP form/printout from 'Does J-Valve turn' to 'Does the valve turn'?
- Added 'Valve Cover' field to VIP/PSI forms
- Added 'O-Ring (Valve to Regulator)' field to VIP form
- Added capability to store inspections in database without eddy current data. This is needed for storing PSI/VIP form data for steel tanks.
- Removed RIN# from PSI from as it is now specified in the Shop Info dialog box.
- Added DOT Spec/Exempt. field to the PSI/VIP forms.
- Database Search dialog now defaults Manufactured dates from 1970 to current month/year and the format for those dates is MM/YYYY
- Database Search dialog now defaults Inspected dates to the period over last year
- Inspection result cannot be changed after loading inspection from file/database
- Enabled resizing of FileOpen dialog box
- The unit serial number is read from the VisualPlus during every calibration and inspection
- Added 'Autoprint on First Save' option - inspection files can be automatically printed out when they are saved for the first time.
- Another enhancement to VisualPlus acquisition firmware, probe drive speed limit increased to 150rpm due to improvements in acquisition code.
- Fixed problem with VisualPlus creating incorrect subfolders under the Data folder if user selected to store data for different customers separately. In this case VisualPlus was creating folders such as DataCustomerName instead of Data\CustomerName.
- Modified date fields for First Hydro/Current Hydro on PSI/VIP forms to only show month/year
- Modified Date field on PSI/VIP form to show the inspection date (the date cannot be changed)
- Took out the reminder that PSI/RIN numbers are entered for each inspector
- Fixed bug where instrument serial number disappeared from RPM gauge when New Document/F5 was selected and only reappeared when recording started.
- Adjusted RPM limit for standard probes and unit serial numbers after A001000 to 100rpm.
- Added capability to program VisualPlus calibration date at the factory so that a reminder can be shown when the unit goes out of calibration.
- Home/End now work correctly if the 'screen selection tabs' have focus.
- Fixed aspect ratio in 3D view to 1.0
- Added functions to select graph view type and output graph bitmap to Automation interface
- Modified StartInspection function of Automation interface to take the DOTSpecExemption field
- Added sample Automation projects to the installer package
- In database settings dialog, the path to database file is now correct if VisualPlus was not installed into C:\Program Files\Visual Plus\ folder.
- Serial numbers are now capitalized in reports and when saving/opening old files
- Removed debug code that created a log of raw VisualPlus3 data in C:\ directory - this allows VisualPlus
to run on Windows Vista without setting 'Run as Administrator' option.
- Fixed a database bug that prevented showing records that were created before shop information was set for the first
- Fixed a bug that caused peak markings on the graph to disappear if the probe was threaded in instead of out
- Fixed a bug where the State and Zip for shop information was not printed out on the report
- Reduced font size for cylinder info box and reduced border margin to allow long file names to be printed
- Added ability to close the Open From Database dialog via Esc key
- Added search by wildcart to Serial Number field in reports
- Fixed crack position information for cracks that were very close to 0/360degree border
- Increased allowance for maximum peak size above calibration standard from 5 to 8 degrees for 6351 alloy to catch some borderline tanks
- Lowered threshold for peaks from 30% to 25% of calibration standard for 6351 alloy to catch some borderline tanks
- Added tabs to make graph selection easier, also added accelerator keys to select different views using Alt-1, Alt-2, etc.
- Completely redesigned the inspection records view, added capability to select and order columns, save/load reports
- Added reliable printing capability to inspection records view
- Added query by inspection result
- Probe peak RPM is now correctly reset before recording portion of calibration and before starting inspection
- Reduced peak RPM limit for standard probes to 70 RPM, increased probe driver limit to 130 RPM (different hardware)
- Increased requirement for firmware to 0.1.7.4 to flash older units with latest firmware.
- Fixed issue with the date controls for last hydro/vp/mfg data blanking out if today's date does not exist in the month entered (Selecting Feb on Jan, 30th would cause this).
- Added probe driver support
- Modified Automation interface to support events
- Added Automation interface to VisualPlus
- Increased line/font size for printed graphs
- Added US Divers and Daycore to the list of manufacturers, applied same alloy selection criteria as Luxfer
- Set alloy type for SCI cylinders to 6061
- Added DOT Spec/Exemption field and option to make it mandatory to comply with the new law
- For 25E tapered probes calibration can now start before reaching the other end of the calibration standard since those probes do not go all the way through.
- Catalina 6061 tanks made in 1995 will be failed if they have indications in two or more consecutive threads.
- Added capability to store probe serial numbers with calibration records. Serial numbers are also remembered for each probe type.
- Added alloy to printout
- Added probe serial number to printout
- Added probe serial number to the main screen
- Fixed bug in database file update from very early versions of software to the latest one.
- Fixed a crash if there is no datasource selected
- Inspections without recorded data can now be saved into database to allow storing VIP/PSI data for steel tanks
- Added PST to the list of manufacturers
- Drop downs for customer and inspector will now work in VIP/PSI forms. Selecting a customer from drop down box will populate address, phone, etc. fields.
- Added error message for problems with probe sweep calibration
- Added M18 probe support
- Fixed printout text wrapping bug
- Database schema is checked to make sure that it's not newer than the client
- Added protection to Delete button of Shop Info dialog. Use following SQL string against the database
to set password: insert into Settings (Name, Val) values ('DeleteButtonPassword', 'EnterPasswordHere');
- Added Shop Code to VIP form and database
- Implemeted capability to have multiple shops/locations, updated database schema, implemeted search by shop capablity
- Added Faber to the list of manufacturers
- Added Auto fill fields so that no info need to be entered during inspections - this is for testing without recording data and only going back and entering info for tanks that are showing indications
- Modified optimal frequency finding algorithm to provide more consistent frequency values.
- Changed the max angle over calibration to 5 from 3 (to accommodate steel tanks/probe driver)
- All peaks under 20 degrees wide are considered as indications (to accommodate steel tanks/probe driver)
- Added SCI as a manufacturer
- Changed FCI to SCI on PSI form
- Added VIP Detailed Cylinder Inspection Form
- Changed Last VisPlus date from Month/Date/Year to Month/Year
- Fixed a rare clipping problem on the PSI form.
- Fixed a problem with enumeration of com ports, some port names where cut off.
- Fixed problem with high number com ports not opening properly.
- Implemented interpolation of signal
- Reduced the section headers from solid black to gray on the PSI form to conserve ink/toner.
- Added Spare Air and Cliff-Impact as a cylinder manufacturer.
- Added #5 probe to the list of probes
- Added 25E probe to the list of probes
- Modified initial resizing of panes to provide correct layout (forms/instrument view)
- All cylinder trace data is cleared when user advances to the second page of
- calibration wizard to prevent possibility of re-calibrating data for existing inspection.
- Calibration data is now saved separately from the main document allowing users to open
old files without loosing calibration as long as VisualPlus/probe is connected.
- The clear button was taken out, starting new inspection overwrites old data anyway and
for a new tank inspection, the New button should be used.
- Added File->Information dialog box that shows software/firmware version used to acquire the file,
person calibrating and inspecting the tank and also the unit on time.
- Changed the manufacturing date from spin control to calendar control.
- Change the last hydro date control to be month/year only.
- Added serialization code for accelerometer calibration.
- Inspector can now be selected for each inspection separatly from the person calibrating the instrument
- Implemented the menu item switch for Save As from F8 to Alt-F8 and Save to Database from Alt-F8 to F8
- Implemented alloy determination from Mfg Date and Manufacturer (6061/6351) which is used by crack detection algorithm
- The Home and End keys now work correctly if you are in the comment view section or in any of the edit boxes in inspection info.
- Added Customer Editor
- Added limits to the date combo boxes to limit within 1970 to 2038 year range.
- Fixed problem with software saving customer ID in the InspectedByID column of inspection records
- Implemented a fix to update InspectedByID column during the database schema upgrade
- Implemented inspection record retrieval by customer, inspector, mfg date, inspection date, and serial number.
- Implemented capability to alert the inspector that a cylinder has been tested before.
- Wrote database creation script for Microsoft MSDE/SQL Server database schema creation.
- Updated software to modify schema version #5 to #6. Added DataFile table to allow storage of data files in the database.
- Modified algorithm for angle determination to remove jumpy transion at 45 degree increments.
- Modified file name generation in Save As function to use the date from inspection date instead of Last VisualPlus field.
- The calibration wizard dialog box is now moved to the lower right corner of application window to allow viewing of the trace.
- Update the accelerometer range check to 3000 to allow for new 1.2g accelerometer probes.
- Added serial port enumeration. Need to check on systems other than XP.
- Modified PSI form - two Black entries were present in Color field, changed one to white.
- Modified PSI form - eliminated steel from Material field
- Modified PSI form - added NitrOx entry to Gas field
- Modified PSI form - eliminated default entries for volume
- Automated Analysis will now be turned on by default for new installations. Current users of the software
can enable automated analysis through File->Preferences dialog box.
- Implemented OpenGL printing in 3D spiral view.
- Unit serial number, firmware version and software version of the instrument VisualPlus is connected to is now shown below the probe speed gauge.
- Implemented selection of default MS Access database in program folder or a System DSN so that the database file could be moved to any location. Also, in the future, connections to other databases will be possible through OBDC.
- Updated schema to support storage of VisualPlus data files directly in the database.
- Fixed problem with VisualPlus crashing if the user tried to start inspection without performing calibration.
- Fixed problem with right clicking a file in Windows Explorer and selecting Print crashing VisualPlus.
- Fixed problem with opening a VisualPlus file from a webpage crashing IE.
- Added Delta Encoding and Rice compression to reduce file size by about a factor of ten.
- Changed maximum calibration peak width to 30 degrees to compensate for some #2 and #5 probes.
- Added help on COM port error.
- Modified crack detection algorithm to accept indications that are 0.3 * calibration height and higher, instead of just higher.
- Added probe test dialog that allows display of probe signal to troubleshoot probe problems.
- Changed PSI/RIN number to be specific to each inspector.
- Added Inspector Editor dialog.
- Modified help on auto PSI form to change wording so that PSI/RIN numbers are entered for the inspector and not in the Shop Info box.
- Removed PSI/RIN numbers from Shop Info dialog.
- Modified database schema to include DOT RIN number and PSI inspector number for each inspector record.
- Changed calibration standard detection algorithm to not detect peaks outside of calibration standard parameters.
- Fixed problem with zoom level sometimes not being set correctly.
- Added help on how to fix invalid attribute error
- Added help on how to backup data
- Cleaned up links to non-existing dialog box help pages.
- Changed the default view to a single row linear graph.
- The current position of probe is now shown on the linear single row graph with a different marker.
- Fixed issue with some printers crashing Visual Plus during printing.
- Fixed problem with Mfg field not getting cleared properly when hitting New in the PSI form.
- The date on the first tab of the PSI form is now set to today's date.
- Added minimum system requirements to the help system. Added comment that MDAC 2.5 needed for First Edition of Win 98.
- Updated the crack detection criteria in the help system to 30% of cal standard.
- Inserted Visual Plus titlebar into the titlebar section of the help system.
- Updated Calibration and Inspection portions of help system to reflect changes in software.
- Updated View menu section of the help system to show all available items in that menu.
- Fixed problem with 'marks' not being selectable in the new view.
- Fixed problem with abnormally high zoom for files that did not start from fully threaded in.
- Changed threshold for selecting cracks from 0.5 to 0.3
- Changed wording in comment view output for the 'Find Indications' command from 'Crack at position' to 'Group of indications at position'
- Blank 'Inspected By' field in calibration wizard will now be rejected.
- Moved 'Manufacturer' field in the printout to be before Original Manufacturing Date
- Removed statement in 'Failed' inspection printout about breakthing threshold.
- Changed 'ID' field on the printout to read 'Instrument Serial#'
- If user hits 'Esc' or 'Cancel' in calibration wizard unit will not longer send data to the computer until calibration is successfully completed.
- Added a field for 'Probe Type/Part Number' to comply with the proposed new DOT regulation, added this info to the calibration record in database
- Added ability to store program and firmware version number in the database
- Added another type of linear graph with a single row displaying 4 threads, use scroll bar to view all data.
- Reduced size of probe RPM gauge.
- Made calibration data permanent on the screen, fixed problem with calibration frequency been zero after analysis.
- Changed wording in the 'Find Indications' command.
- Removed red threshold circles, not useful since baseline fluctuates.
- Fixed bug in new peak detection algorithm where a peak would be detected at the very beginning and the very end of data.
- Fixed bug where if a file was opened from Windows Explorer the customer/cylinder information would not be updated if any other files are loaded after it.
- Repositioned data on printout, made fonts smaller to fit more data. Calibration data is now always printed.
- Opening a file after Visual Plus has been calibrated will give user a message to recalibrate Visual Plus to test the next cylinder. The user will not be able to inspect until calibration is done.
- Moved Inspected By field into Calibration Wizard, the main screen Inspected By is read only now.
- Updated help to say that the cylinder must not be moving during recording.
- Decreased detection threshold for find peaks function to increase sensitivity.
- The # sign was not correctly rejected for customer/inspector/serial/mfg, now it is and all following symbols are rejected: ~`!@\"#'$%^&*()\\/?+=|
- Implemented code to calculate probe speed in RPM
- Changed Save button on the main toolbar to a Save As button.
- Added F5 shortcut to New menu command.
- Updated the probe speed display to show current and peak RPM, also show warning if max speed is exceeded.
- Show indicator of Zoom level and baseline: 1.0X, 2.5X, etc.
- Peak probe RPM is now recorded in the file
- Added F8 shortcut to Save As menu command.
- Software and firmware version is now stored with each file.
- Disabled menu items like New, Save, Open, etc. when acquisition is running.
- Moved Analyze Inspection and Find Indications options under Inspection menu.
- Added help for Analyze Inspection and Find Indications options.
- Added probe calibration error message dialog box. It will show different illustrations for disconnected probe/wrong probe orientation.
- Modified probe calibration error messages slightly.
- Added checks for special characters such as \ / ? * !@#$%^&* in customer, inspected by, serial number, manufacturer fields - to avoid problems with file names and database.
- Document is now marked as modified if any fields on InspectionInfo form are changed.
- Problem with com port is now handled better. It will not display error messages about V command andgive more intellegent problem description.
- Improved probe calibration algorithm.
- Fixed memory leak in About dialog box when getting software version number.
- Added illustrations to calibration wizard dialog box.
- Improved probe position indicator control on the calibration wizard dialog box.
- Changed wording on calibration dialog to reflect position of markings on new calibration rings.
- Updated wording in help system to correspond to wording in calibration wizard dialog box.
- Added example of successful calibration to How To section of the help system.
- Added option to turn on/off automated analysis at the end of the inspection, default setting is off.
- Increased maximum calibration peak requirement to 25 degrees due to change in peak width height.
- Added check for accelerometer range during calibration, minimum 840 units and maximum 1170 range is required.
- Fixed some issues in Calibration Wizard if user switched several pages back and forth.
- Added check to make sure that the user records at least one full turn before 'Next' button is activated in calibration wizard 'Record Signal from Calibration Ring' page. Before, the button was highlighted right after the user switched to this page and then it would get disabled once the recording level drops below minimum.
- Increased speed of bar graph updates in calibration wizard, reduced speed of button updates to allow easier selection of Cancel and Help buttons.
- Added HowTo help sections for inspection and interpreting results.
- If software detects any cracks the inspection status will be changed to Failed.
- Fixed visual problem in linear graph where in the very beginning the signal would not be shown until it dropped below maximum.
- Added shortcut listing on the main screen for New (Ctrl-N)
- Fixed problem with calibration standard data getting erased when hitting 'New'.
- Changed folder browse code so that it would work on Windows 98 First Edition+
- Added inspection analysis capabilities based on calibration standard data
- Fixed problem introduced in 18.104.22.168 with 'Save' option not formatting file names as Customer-Serial-etc.
- Added clipping to linear graph so that when printed the graph would not overlap text
- Fixed problem with Send file if it was not named yet it would be sent as .dat. Now it is .vis
- Fixed problem with opening file from Explorer or via command line
- Screen is now refreshed after detecting peaks
- CIndication and CDetectedCrack objects are now correctly deleted before exit
- Zoom is now reset at the end of running recording and after calibration wizard to show cracks according to calibration standard height